This website is operated by The Humanimal Trust, registered charity in England and Wales number 1156927.
This privacy statement describes how The Humanimal Trust processes, stores and protects any information that you give us.
The Humanimal Trust is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, or by any other means, such as orally or in written form, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Trust takes a proactive approach to user privacy and ensures the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users when they visit our website or whenever they are asked to share their personal details. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
The Humanimal Trust may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes. This policy is effective from 21 May 2018.
We will not rent, swap or sell personal information to other organisations for them to use in their own marketing activities.
The legal basis that we rely on for processing personal data will depend upon the circumstances in which it is being collected and used, but will in most cases fall into one of the following categories:
- where consent has been provided to allow us to use your data in a certain way
- where the processing is necessary to carry out for the performance of a contract
- where the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with a legal obligation; or
- where it is in our legitimate interests to perform our functions, for example, processing donations or sending administrative communications where our legitimate interest is to raise funds and/or to deliver our charitable purposes
What We Collect and How We Use it
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, bank account details, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, supporter databases and marketing material or to process orders and/or donations. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Further, by providing telephone and email details, you consent to The Humanimal Trust contacting you using that method.
You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, or change your contact preferences, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we Collect Information?
The Humanimal Trust collects information in two possible ways:
- When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up for our website, purchase our products or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms.
We may also collect personal details provided to us on paper or via email (for example, in response to fundraising or other correspondence), or orally, by giving us your details at a function or event, or by telephone.
- When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your online settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
Data profiling and analysis
We may also carry out analysis of the personal information we collect about individuals and add publicly available information to create a profile of interests, preferences, and ability to support us, including the amount or level of potential donation or legacy someone may be able to give.
This is so we can contact people in the most appropriate way and with the most relevant information, which enables us to raise funds more quickly and cost-effectively.
This information is compiled from sources such as public registers (e.g. listed Directorships), the electoral roll, newspaper articles and social media posts.
Anyone who does not wish their data to be processed in this way can do so by contacting us via email@example.com or by calling us on 01483 791725.
How long do we keep your Data For?
The Humanimal Trust will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary to carry out the purpose for which it was given. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide services to you. We may also keep trend data from, for example, fundraising mailings, emails and phone calls.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after it is no longer needed to provide services to you.
How we use
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server, to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
We use anonymous session cookies to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features. If you log into the website, application or a course as a registered user, your session cookie will also contain your user ID so that we can check which services you are allowed to access.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
Recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personal details we commit to the following as your rights:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to The Humanimal Trust by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01483 791725. You can access your data and supplementary information. You have the right to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of data processing. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address
- You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data, including: our purposes for processing your personal data, our retention periods for that personal data, and who it will be shared with
- You can restrict processing or suppress of your personal data. You can make a request for restriction verbally or in writing
- You can object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest, or direct marketing
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by The Humanimal Trust regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account and personal details are deleted
- You are free to close your account through our account settings. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam)
- You can always update us on your details at any point by contacting us at email@example.com or by calling 01483 791725
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01483 791725
View The Humanimal Trust’s Data Protection Policy