Terms and conditions for #StrongerTogether Photography Competition
This Photography competition (the ‘Competition’) is subject to the following Terms and Conditions (‘Conditions’) and by entering the Competition you agree to be bound by them.
This competition is run by Humanimal Trust, a registered charity in England and Wales no. 1156927 and in Scotland no. SC048960, whose registered office is at Eashing Barns, Halfway Lane, Godalming, GU7 2QQ, UK.
1. By entering the competition, you warrant to Humanimal Trust that all information submitted by you regarding yourself and your competition entry (‘Entry’) is true and accurate and complete in every respect. Humanimal Trust reserves the right to verify any information provided in connection with your Entry.
2. This competition is free to enter.
3. All Entries must be received by 5pm (BST) on Friday 23 April 2021.
4. The Competition is open to persons who are resident in the United Kingdom, and also to persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom provided that they are able to enter the Competition without breaching any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
5. Humanimal Trust shall be entitled to assume that the parents or guardians of any entrant who is less than 18 years old have consented to that person’s entry into the Competition. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to Humanimal Trust’s satisfaction that their parent or guardian has given their consent to such entry.
6. Humanimal Trust reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it believes that an entrant has breached any of the Conditions, any applicable law (including without limitation copyright law) or has infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Conditions may lead to Humanimal Trust disqualifying that person, without Humanimal Trust being required to give any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
7. Employees of Humanimal Trust and their relatives are not eligible to enter the Competition.
8. Entries should be submitted in a HIGH RESOLUTION format, minimum 350 dpi. Images that are not high resolution may be discounted from the competition. Entries should be submitted by the Closing Date (5pm on Friday 23 April 2021) and in the manner set out in these conditions. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
9. Each image can only be entered once into the competition.
10. Images should not be enhanced in any way.
11. Watermarks, names or other information identifying the image creator or copyright holder must not be visible in the images themselves.
12. All entries must demonstrate the theme that ‘Collaboration makes us all #StrongerTogether.’
14. Entrants must supply their name, email address and the name of the town/region/country they live in.
15. No bulk, software-generated, automatic or third party entries shall be accepted.
16. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries. Late, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
Judging and Prize-winners
9. 1st Stage Prize-winners will be selected and notified by 1 May 2021 at the latest, by email. 10 images will be selected by the Humanimal Trust judges with one of these being crowned the overall Grand Winner, announced on 6 May 2021. All winners will each receive a certificate and a mini animal hamper worth approximately £20 each. The Grand Winner will also receive a Grand animal hamper, worth approximately £100.
10. All judging decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into over these.
11. If a prize winner cannot be contacted within seven days of the judges’ decision, Humanimal Trust reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
12. Humanimal Trust accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed whether due to transmission errors, website malfunction, computer error or otherwise; or for intellectual property rights and data protection.
13. Entrants agree to their winning pictures appearing in the Humanimal Trust Newsletter and website, as well as on blogs, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms.
14. By submitting an Entry in the Competition you grant to Humanimal Trust a non-exclusive royalty-free worldwide commercial license unlimited in time, to use the Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) in all formats and in any medium of communication, and for all promotional purposes which Humanimal Trust shall consider appropriate. You represent and warrant to Humanimal Trust, with the intention that Humanimal Trust shall rely on such representation and warranty, that each of your Entries is original, and that you own each of them exclusively and have the right, without the permission of any other person or legal entity, to license to Humanimal Trust the rights in the Entry for all the purposes contemplated in these Conditions. The scope of the licence granted to Humanimal Trust in this paragraph 12 shall include your irrevocable permission to Humanimal Trust to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, and sell (your image may appear on materials we sell e.g., cards, calendars, books etc.) your Entry worldwide for such purposes as Humanimal Trust shall think fit without restriction.
15. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the consent of anyone who is identifiable in that image or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16 and that they have been advised of the purpose of the submission and that their photograph may be published by the Trust
16. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used by Humanimal Trust in accordance with data protection legislation in force in England.
17. All Competition entrants unconditionally agree to the use of their name, and disclosure of their town, county and country of residence in connection with any Entry which is published in any form in any media.
Governing law and jurisdiction
18. These Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
19. The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Conditions or their subject matter (including non-contractual disputes or cl